Saturday, November 5, 2011

Days 40-43: Loving food vs. Eating

They say it can take up to three weeks for your body to stabilize after you go up to 1500 calories. Until it does, you're not supposed to eat starches or sugars. They can upset the balance that your body is trying to develop and stop it from finding its stride. I'm pretty sure my body is telling me it's stable. 

I haven't gained or lost since November 1 - I've been steady at 208.1 since then. What's odd is that I feel like I'm still getting smaller. My pants feel bigger than they did even a few days ago. My chiropractor told me that I need to be doing exercises to strengthen my core to help support my back, so I've been doing crunches and also using a weighted exercise ball for my arms. I've walkId downtown to go to the movies a few times as well (about 1.1 miles each way). 

According to the plan, I'm allowed to start re-introducing starches and sugars back into my diet on Thursday. Everyone I work with who's also been on the diet has already been doing it - pizza, chocolate, bread, pasta and beer. I've been jealous, especially since their weight hasn't really been affected. It seems like they're bouncing around a little bit in terms of weight, but nothing serious.

I don't even know what I want to eat that's a starch/sugar. I like pasta, but it's a filler. I was looking at the nutritional information on Halloween candy and I was stunned just how terrible it can be. I had some Coke on Thursday, and I have to say, it seemed like 2 ounces was enough for me. I don't think I'll be downing it the way I used to. I think I would like a slice of pizza, but I'd be shocked if I could eat more than a slice, maybe 2.  

After my reaction to the Coke the other day, I'm wondering if I'll love other things the way I used to: French fries, cupcakes, Cold Stone ice cream. I don't think my body is going to react well to french fries. I had some pan fried chicken the other day and the grease on that (using EVOO) was not pleasant. I can't imagine what eating something that's been DEEP FRIED is going to do to my stomach. The cupcakes and ice cream will probably be way too sweet.  

My mom's also on the diet and she asked me if the other day if I've noticed that nothing really tastes good anymore. I can't say that I agree with that, but I think I do taste a lot more now than I used to. I had some roasted garlic bagel chips the other day (yes, I was cheating - my stomach was upset), and I could REALLY taste the garlic on those. I know I've had them before and never really noticed it. I feel like I ate a lot before, but never really tasted anything. 

I used to say that I loved food, but that isn't the truth. I just liked eating. There's a BIG difference between eating and loving food. I had no appreciation for the taste of what I was eating. It was a way to pass time and feel comforted. No more!

Updated Measurements:

Upper arms: 15.5" (down 1" from start)
Upper thighs: 26.25" (down 2.75" from start)
Hips: 41.5" (down 3" from start)
Waist: 36" (down 6" from start)

Weight:
Day 40: 208.1
Day 41: 208.1
Day 42: 208.1
Day 43: 208.1

No comments:

Post a Comment