Monday, November 14, 2011

Freedom!!!

I officially have no diet restrictions anymore! I have to say, it's not nearly as exciting as I thought it would be. I thought the first thing I would do once I was free was guzzle a Coke. Didn't happen. I thought I might top it off with some sweet, sugary snack. Didn't do that either.

Part of me is VERY paranoid about gaining the weight back. That's not to say that I haven't had carbs or sugar, I definitely have. There were some Little Debbie Star Crunches in my cabinet from way back when. I've had a few of those. I've had some Coke. I haven't had more than maybe 20 ounces since Thursday, but I'm drinking it.

What's really shocked me is just how filling carbs are. I eat them, and I'm set for HOURS. It's kind of wild. I got really hungry the last couple days, so I've had breakfast sandwiches from this great bread company near where I work. They are AMAZING. They also make it so I don't eat anything after that until I have lunch. And my lunches come later in the day than they used to. I don't ever remember feeling so full from carbs before. Perhaps it's just that I'm now listening to my body and only eating when I'm hungry, rather than when I just feel like I'm eating.

I am still trying to make sure I'm not eating past 7pm. I ate after that last Monday and I definitely saw that my body prefers to have more time to digest my food. I'm still drinking a shitton of water. Trying to make sure my body doesn't start storing it. I don't have to get on the scale every day anymore, but it's become a habit. I don't freak out when I see that I've gained a little. As much as a two pound fluctuation can be normal. I just like to make sure I'm not slipping.

So far, I haven't. My weight spiked last week after I ate late one night, but it corrected the next day. I stayed steady at 205.5 from Day 47 until yesterday. This morning I got on the scale and was pleased to see a 1.6 pound drop, bringing my total loss to 28.2 pounds! HOLY CRAP Y'ALL!! ALMOST 30 pounds since September 24. That's less than 2 months!

I like how I view food now. It's not a crutch for me now. It's something I enjoy. I'm taking care with ingredients still. I'll spend more if it contains less crap that isn't necessary. I'm eating healthier. I know my body will revolt if I go for the fast and fried foods. It's not even worth it.

HOORAY!!!

Updated Measurements (Day 50):
Upper Arms: 15.25" (-1.25" overall)
Upper Thighs: 26" (-3" overall)
Hips: 41.25" (-3.25" overall)
Waist: 35.75" (-6.25" overall)

Day 48: 205.5
Day 49: 205.5
Day 50: 205.5
Day 51: 205.5
Day 52: 203.9

No comments:

Post a Comment