Friday, September 23, 2011

Battle ON!

I'm not a big dieter. I went on Weight Watchers a couple years back. I lost 60 pounds...but I found most of it again. I feel like I'm in better shape now than I was when I started that, but I still gained a lot of weight and Pudge is still hanging around. (Pudge being the tire that lives around my midsection. It's time that Pudge and I stopped being friends.

A guy I work with went on the HCG drops diet with his girlfriend and holy smokes! They look TERRIFIC! He's lost 13 pounds in 13 days. He's been talking about it while doing it and I was a bit skeptical. His girlfriend checked it out with her naturopath and the naturopath signed off. I did some more research and got on board.

The diet is broken down into a few phases: You binge eat to build up fat for 2 days while taking the drops. You continue taking the drops and eating a very low calorie diet of limited foods for up to 43 days. Then you stop the drops but continue eating a very low calorie diet for 3 days. You move into maintenance next, eating at least 1500 calories, but no starches or sugars for three weeks. After that, you start to slowly introduce starches back into your diet.

I'm going to blog the hell out of this experience so that anyone looking for a resource on it can have one!

Currently on my To Buy List:

  1. Food scale
  2. People scale
  3. Measuring tape
  4. Baby oil - lavender
  5. Herbal Essences shampoo
  6. Mrs. Dash
  7. Chicken breasts
  8. Shrimp/prawns
  9. Lean ground beef
  10. Apples
  11. Oranges
  12. Tomatoes
  13. Cucumbers
To Do:
  1. Take unflattering pictures of myself to document progress.
Every day I'll update with my weight (ugh), what I ate, and how I felt. Weekly I'll update my measurements (ugh, again).

Goodbye Pudge and good riddance!


No comments:

Post a Comment