Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 3: Holy Crankypants, Batman!

Alright, some people who know me might insist that I'm a bit of a crankypants all the time. But there's a difference between being a general bitch and a total crankypants. By about 4:30 today, I was losing it.

I got to work this morning around 7:30am and I was already hungry. I downed some (read: a lot) of water and was able to avoid eating my orange until 9:30am. But, it was that kind of hunger where you don't feel so great even when you do eat, it took me an hour and a half to eat the one orange.

Around noon I was totally starving, so I microwaved my chicken nuggets. (When I call them chicken nuggets it makes me feel like I'm eating something way cooler than microscopic mounds of grilled chicken.) I managed to over-season them, and the pepper was kicking my ass, so I ended up drinking 24 ounces of water with the nuggets. Which didn't help the fact that I was already pretty water-logged. I  peed 4 times that morning.   

I held off on eating my tomatoes until a bit later. I wasn't super-hungry just then, and I figured I should save them for when I was. Recognizing that my hunger had ramped up a bit, I went to QFC with a colleague and obtained some Grissini breadsticks and Melba snacks. I hoped adding a little carbs in there would help with my energy levels.

Not long after I started chomping on the breadsticks that I was MAJORLY hungry. I ate the tomatoes - one at a time - but was still done by 2pm. At a minimum I was looking at another two and a half hours before I could eat. And I knew even then that I was looking at 11 tomatoes and 7 shrimp. 

On the way home I decided some of the "free foods" would be necessary for my survival. I was SO irritated with everything around me - the rain pouring down, the people who couldn't drive - that I knew I had to get another snack in. Sugar-free Jell-O tops my list of  "How is that a food?" but if it was going to stop me from wasting away or eating someone's arm, I was down for it. 

We're also allowed Miracle Noodles, so I googled for them and learned that the Whole Foods store near me sells them. I can tell you this: When you are wild with hunger, attempting to locate a store that is hard to find on a good day is NOT a good idea. It took me forever to get there. Not only do they not have the noodles, they don't have sugar-free Jell-o either. I picked up some broth (to make sure that someone would validate my parking) and I left in a huff. I took myself to QFC and bought some Jell-o. I almost opened it right in the store, but thought I'd look ridiculous trying to eat Jell-o from the container with the thin lid.

I got home, almost unable to make it up my three flights of stairs. My body was totally ready to give out on me. I made it in, peed for the umpteenth time that day, and went to the kitchen to have Jell-o and start my dinner. 

Turns out, frozen shrimp weigh a lot more than raw shrimp. I was short about 26 calories on them for tonight's dinner. I corrected for tomorrow, but that didn't help me tonight. Around 5:30pm, I settled in and ate my shrimp and tomatoes, and after I finished watching an episode of Psych, I passed the hell out took a little nap.

I woke up around 7:15pm, freaking out about missing an appointment (which I hadn't) and then realized I'd decided I would have my "dessert" - an apple with cinnamon - at 7pm, which I missed by a little bit.

I sincerely hope tomorrow is better than today. I know there are some good benefits just around the corner, if I can get there. But damnit, I'm hungry and I am wiped out. FEED ME.

Weight this morning: 231.9 



No comments:

Post a Comment