Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 7: A croissant and a taco, please

For some reason today, I had some cravings. First, a vision of a croissant popped into my head. My grandmother got me hooked on them when I used to go visit her for the summers. A total treat since it's not something my mother would buy (rather like the Froot Loops). She also taught me the best way to enjoy a croissant. Little pat of butter on the top, microwave for 30 seconds, and you have a warm pile of deliciousness.

Then, inexplicably, I had a craving for a taco. They're one of my favorite things to make, mostly because they're so easy. It's been a while since I had one, so I had no idea what made me even think of it. Especially since I wouldn't ever want to eat them together. Sadly, I won't be having either the croissant or the taco any time in the near future.

My liquid Stevia came in today. I order the Mixed Berries flavor. It's not bad. Definitely has a bit of an aftertaste,  though I could have gotten more of one since I probably squirted too much into my water bottle. It will be nice to perk up my water some. I was about done with plain water yesterday.

My order of Miracle Noodles came in yesterday. I have to tell you, they are NOT what I was expecting. I was thinking of a hard noodle. These are limp and come in a bag filled with fluid. I once saw an episode of ER where a man had been to some African country and had gone wading in some river and ended up with some sort of worm IN HIS LEG. They could only pull it out inch by inch or it could break off and end up trapped in him forever, causing all sorts of damage. THAT is what the noodles remind me of. Additionally, there's the bonus (or so I've read) of them smelling like rotting fish when you open the package. I gave a couple of my coworkers the noodles to try. Gonna wait to hear back from them before I go ahead and open one up.

The weight loss has started to slow down, as I was told to expect it would. I lost 1.1 pounds today. (I always find it intriguing that we say that we "lost" weight. That sort of implies that we'd like to find it again.) It's probably good that it's slowing down since the loss I'd been experiencing was pretty drastic. But, in a way, it's a bummer. It's so much fun to see those pounds just dropping off. However, as long as it keeps coming off, I'm a happy girl.

Today's Weight: 222.4 (9.5lbs total)

No comments:

Post a Comment