Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 15: I'm alright plus measurements

I woke up feeling much better today than I did yesterday. No stomach queasiness at all.

I ventured forth for sustenance, my sights set on the honeycrisp apple. I left my last orange and work, and frankly, I'm tired of my hands smelling of citrus all day. Those apples are AMAZING. So crisp and juicy.

I decided to change things up a little and acquired some strawberries as well. Apples and strawberries will now be my fruits of the day. I'm also abandoning tomatoes for a while. I think I've had too much. I'm not sure how much I love cucumbers anymore, but right now they're better than strawberries.

I downloaded an app for calorie counting so I'll be prepared for the next phase of this diet. (Yes, I realize I'm jumping the gun a bit since I have 11 more days of a 500 calorie diet to complete. Today I also bought the chicken and apple sausage for the first breakfast in the next phase of the diet. CANNOT WAIT.) What dawned on me is that I probably haven't been eating enough. I believe I'm consistently coming in under 500 calories. After a while, I imagine that would wear on my system.

I also read that it'll stop the diet from working properly. You have to eat at least 500 calories, obviously not many more, but at least that many. Oops.

So, I'll be upping the amount of meat I eat during the day. Speaking of which, I made some delicious sloppy joe like meat tonight. I used tomato sauce (which isn't technically allowed, but tomato paste is, and that's pretty much all tomato sauce is - tomato paste, water, citric acid, and onion powder. I figure it'll work.) I added some garlic powder and a lot of chili powder (which totally impressed me, I always thought chili powder would kill me. Turns out, it's really quite useful).  Anyway, it was fantastic and made my tummy happy!

All in all, today I was just feeling so much better. No nausea, no serious aversion to food like I had for a while yesterday. I had leftover chicken for lunch and I was wary of it. I think I just might be sick of chicken...

I feel pretty good even though I lost NO weight today. Not even a tenth of a pound. Apparently this isn't uncommon. I just hope it doesn't continue for days.

Anyway, on to the measurements! (Current (change from last week/change from beginning))

Upper Arms: 15.75" (.25"/ .75")
Upper Thighs: 27.5" (.75"/1.5")
Hips 43.5" (1"/1")
Waist: 38.5" (1"/3.5")

So, despite not losing any weight today, I'm pleased with the measurements I saw.

Tune in tomorrow for another unflattering picture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment