Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 9: Resisting Temptation

I baked. All day today. I made three batches of cupcakes, two pans of brownies, and 5 batches of cookies. Not once did I succumb to temptation. Not even a little. I didn't have any of the cake batter (which I LOVE) nor did I sample the frosting when I iced the cupcakes. I didn't even lick it off my fingers (though I almost slipped...twice). I desperately wanted to taste the cookie dough to make sure it was right (had a brain fart and couldn't remember how much flour I'd added...), but I didn't. So, good luck to the people who eat those cookies tomorrow!

Honestly, the struggle was made easier by the fact that I've felt like shit all day. I'm not sure what's going on, but I don't think I'll be having any more hamburgers while I'm on this diet. I have never particularly loved making hamburgers at home. Perhaps it's the "hamburger seasoning" that they add at McDonald's or just the fact that I can usually throw some ketchup on it, but I really only like burgers when a restaurant has made them. Or really, anyone but me. I haven't enjoyed the burgers I've had this weekend. I'm going to be happy to go back to the chicken (never thought I'd say that).

Anyway, things are still going along well though I am (still) looking forward to eggs, cheese, salad, etc.

Today's Weight: 218.9 (1.3 pound drop, 13 pounds total)

P.S. I REALLY can't wait for the day I can have a cupcake!

P.P.S. Tomorrow I'll use less parentheses. (Maybe...)

No comments:

Post a Comment