Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 28: 1500 calories is a LOT

Do you have any idea how hard it is to eat 1500 calories after eating only 500 per day for weeks? Especially when you can't have any starches or sugars? Pasta would get me there pronto. Cookies. Cake.  COKE. All of it would get me there quickly. Can I have any of it? No.

I made some important observations today. I can only have so much cheese in a day. I'm lactose-intolerant, I've known that for a while. One glass of regular milk and the stomach pain is almost intolerable. I used to have cereal for dessert at night and I was constantly waking up at 1:30am with gut-wrenching pain. Once I figured out milk was the culprit, I switched to lactose-free milk and my stomach was fine. I don't love milk anyway, so it's not a big deal. For the most part, I'm fine with ice cream, milkshakes and cheese.

Or so I thought. I used to eat all kinds of whatever before and I often didn't feel particularly well. I constantly had headaches, my stomach would get upset, I was tired, etc. Once I got into this diet, my headaches disappeared and I only occasionally had stomach issues. I've been a bit tired, but I think that has something to do with the amount of calories I'd been consuming and the fact that I don't believe I'm really much of a morning person.

So now, when I get a headache or a stomachache, I can trace it back to what I'm ingesting. Earlier this week we learned that I can't have prepackaged lunch meat. The stuff from the deli is okay though. I had cheese with two of my meals today and ended up with a stomachache. I guess I'll be limiting my cheese intake a bit now. Sort of sucks since cheese is an easy way to get more calories, but I'd rather not be sick. I could probably also live without all the fat it comes with.

I also noticed that unless forced, I don't tend to eat fruits on my own. Tonight I forced myself to have an apple for dessert. Not a bad call since I can't dip into the box of Star Crunches I have (Damn you, Little Debbie), and I do like to have something sweet every now and then. Oddly enough, Naked juice satisfied my desire for something sweet yesterday.

Lord, I'm a whole new person now! Using FRUITS to satisfy my cravings for sweets! Who am I?

This morning I fortunately saw a dip in my weight as well. I hope the downward trend continues!

Today's Weight: 213.0

No comments:

Post a Comment