Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 24: No drops!

Today was my first day without the drops. I had a righteous headache all day, but I think that's probably related to my consumption of turkey and chicken that came from packages and their preservatives, rather than anything that had to do with the diet. I guess time will tell.

I added cheese to my diet today. I like knowing that it's not upsetting my stomach. I don't care that it's not supposed to be part of my diet right now. I doubt it's making much of a difference. I'm still eating well under 1500 calories. My guess is that it's under 700. It's amazing how little I've been eating.

Not sure what's been going on, but I'd gained 1.7 pounds when I got on the scale this morning and it currently reflects an additional 2 pounds on top of that. From my understanding of the diet, this is a critical period. My weight can't increase by more than 2 pounds in a day, so that my metabolism gets reset at the right level. How I'm gaining ANY weight eating the way I am is beyond me. The drops are supposed to prevent me from losing muscle mass and are supposed to encourage my body to burn fat for energy. In theory, it should still be coursing through my system.

I don't think I've had enough water recently, so I'm going to make sure my body has enough of that as well. Perhaps it's a water weight issue. I suppose we'll see.

It was nice not having to worry about remembering to take drops. I hope the rest of the transition off the drops is as smooth.

Today's Weight: 212.5

No comments:

Post a Comment