Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 20: Nothing unusual

Today was more of the same. As I suspected, my cheating kept me from losing weight, but I also didn't gain any, so I'm going to call that a victory. The cheat was worth it. Mmmm...chicken and apple sausage.

I went with meals of chicken (shoot me now) and shrimp (still yummy) with cucumbers as my veggies, so I should be back on the losing track tomorrow. That's how it's gone in the past anyway. 

As much as I've been whining and complaining lately, it's amazing that I only have 3 more days of drops.  I'm excited about that. I'm that much closer to an expanded set of foods (I've been shopping online so I know where I'm going first for more exciting foods) and also that much closer to going for a few days without my mouth tasting like crap (quite possibly literally, but I can't know that based on my own experience).

A lot of people have told me how impressed they are that I've stuck it out with this diet. It's weird to hear that since it hasn't been that hard. Sure, I miss cheese, Coke, breads, pastas, other meats, going out to eat, ice cream, candy, etc. I craved TACO BELL. That's just gross. It's not even real meat. But really, this isn't HARD to do. I haven't even been tempted for a big cheat. I don't crave the Coke anymore. I read a lot of blogs and stories where people were saying that this is the easiest diet they've been on. In some ways, that's very true. You know what you can eat, you don't really have to count calories every day since you're eating the same thing over and over. You just run with it. In some ways, it tests your will. You hit a plateau or you have YET ANOTHER piece of chicken and it's just UGH and you don't want to continue on. (Then you read the packaging that says you HAVE to and you're like, "Fine. Be that way."

What I'm curious to see is what it's like to go back to an expanded diet. I was hopeful about salads (quite unusual for me), but I probably won't be having many of those since my dressing options are limited to what I can make myself (at least initially since they all contain sugar). I'm thinking my breakfasts will consist of an egg scrambled with cheese and a fruit of some sort (likely apples since I have a gajillion of them). Lunches are probably going to be simple with lunch meats and cheeses to go with them - essentially Lunchables without the crackers. Dinners will be more interesting, with me experimenting with recipes I found on allrecipes.com. I'm sure some of that will make its way into my lunches. I'll just be glad I'm not cooking something for every meal. That's a bit tiresome.

All in all, this is my last weekend of what I expect to be the most awful part. Three more days of low cal and drops and then three days of low cal. I CAN DO EET!!!

Today's Weight: 212.1 (That is kind of a cool number)

No comments:

Post a Comment